所以，我们来谈谈为我们的这一部分腾出时间来做饭吧。Healthy Eating Series-为什么，怎样，and what our current culture thinks about it.Of course,since a basic glance around AOC's home page reveals my passion for real,simple,homemade food that is nourishing and healthy (most of the time – I'm also about balance!),it's no surprise that I think taking the time to cook is important.But I'm going to go out on a limb and say:
- We will eat healthier,no doubt about it.
- The act of preparing food builds togetherness – and a connection with our past.
- Preparing food is an essential life skill and passing this on to our children is just as important as math,reading,and science (and actually helps in all these areas,把这些知识付诸实践，动手方式！).
A few months ago I readan article complaining about"快速简便烹饪”"not actually being easy that had me so exasperated I had to take some time before talking about it,because I knew I wouldn't be able to let it go without adding my two cents. It was published in the Atlantic Monthly and written by a freelance writer who states that she"写些关于谋生的食物。”"
我把它写在引号里，因为我想知道她是否以写食物为生，how can she not be able to look at a recipe and know if it will take her longer than the time listed (I usually can…)?为什么她没有像其他人一样，去军火库吃一顿周末的速食呢？And she doesn't plan for weeknights or have a stocked pantry?谢斯。
Okay,我明白了：一天结束的时候我们很累。When we have kids needing to be fed it adds stress.但是在让你的孩子睡觉之前，留下5分钟来准备一顿饭和吃东西？真的吗？I don't think the issue is easy meals here.It's more an issue of priorities,it seems to me. And there's the heart of it for me:
Our culture as a whole has devalued the time it takes – and has always taken – to make quality food for our families and ourselves.
这是“not important.""我没有时间。”"I'm too tired.""I don't cook"said with pride (i.e.,"don't"not"can't").It breaks my heart,尤其是因为我看到了食物带来的如此多的麻烦，可以通过更好的选择和与食物的关系来避免。
The food education that comes from a household where meals are cooked from scratch and the family all helps in the preparation,from actually helping to cook to dealing with dishes and clean-up,is invaluable and shouldn't be underestimated.知道我们能够以良好的方式满足人类的基本需求，并赋予我们力量——我们可以为自己提供食物，并对我们的健康保持积极主动。
是的，计划需要时间，商店，准备和一些晚上，感觉像是一件家务。But there are plenty of go-to dishes I can put together in about a half hour – and they're delicious and wholesome,even if they're simple likecurries,,莴苣皮,or simple tacos.很明显，这比点菜花的时间和精力更多，但我们不应该把“简单”烹饪比作，anyway.
所以，let's agree to value cooking and the time it takes to make good food,可以？只要有时间尽情享受最新的Netflix或Hulu产品，there's time to nourish our bodies.注：这里没有评判标准——我们喜欢晚上看一场精彩的演出——就像一个比较来评估我们的时间一样，如果我们诚实。
Let's also agree that sometimes it's got to be quick and easy and may not look as good,或者像其他夜晚一样健康。It's about balance and having goals (learning to cook,trying new foods,eating more vegetables,或者不管是什么）。
You've Got To Have A Plan
If,like the writer of the Atlantic Monthly article,you come home after a day's work andthenstart thinking about what's for dinner,it's too late. Because then you're willing to do whatever is fast,which almost always comes at a cost of your health and your budget.
所以，how are we going to make this work for our real-life,busy lives??
Here are some tips for making time to cook and keep weeknight meals do-able:
- Plan a dinner menu.Assign themes to each night to make it easy (Taco Tuesday,Pasta Wednesday,海鲜星期四，等等）。
- 把你家人最喜欢的简单易行的菜谱列出来，并在一个月内轮换。There's nothing wrong with repeating recipes we love.Some of our easy favs are soft tacos,haystacks,,vegetable-egg scrambles或者晚餐吃煎蛋早餐，,pasta with meat sauceorpesto-chicken sauce,,厨师沙拉,and toasted cheese-type sandwiches (orpaninni'sif you're into that) with cut vegetables.
- Shop on the weekend or day off (Shopping on the way home?Always a really bad idea:hangry).
- 把冰箱放好，freezer,and pantry stocked with foods you like (ie,if you make a lot of Thai dishes,fish sauce may be a staple,but for others,也许不是。
- Be flexible with recipes – if you don't have shallots,use onions (one of my favorite substitutions,因为我很少吃葱，and so on.
- Use weekends to make batches soups,stews,and casseroles and re-heat the for a quick meal.
What tips would you add to this list??
- What is Healthy Eating??
- 22 Healthy Bread & Breakfast Recipes
Subscribe to Organize,计划，用免费印刷品烹饪和美化您的家